Technical management and user support
Traceland keeps full responsibility and control over technical administration and user support, relieving customers from such duty.
- The “web modules” are running on a dedicated server controlled by Traceland (hosted by a top-level hosting provider and housed in a solidly equipped server farm, so that users can count on a first-class SLA).
- Such web modules cover the majority of the online and batch system functions, including the centralized and unique application database, the sole repository of all data concerning both T&T and Fleet localization data for all customers.
Users can execute all the web-based features by accessing the application through any web browser (e.g.: Microsoft Internet Explorer).
- Besides the web modules, the application involves two “mobile clients”, (one for PdAs and one for cell phones), easily installable by users themselves on their portable devices through automated installation procedures or else installed by Traceland on their behalf (depending on type and model, ownership and customer preferences).
- Traceland provides assistance on all the above mentioned modules, either mobile or web based (save for different agreements and but for user-level actions such as battery replacements or SIM card replacement).
This architecture covers all the inner features of the different applications, including connectivity to external software modules. Should customers want to adopt a form of optical archiving, they would have to add in their premises one or more scanners, and possibly associate software or hardware components to them (depending on the solution chosen - Traceland can recommend a few alternatives selected for their performances, cost effectiveness and proven connectivity with our application).
The ASP mode relieves customers from any duties, cost and risks associated to application administration. It also self implies a constant technical and functional evolution of the application without any need for maintenance-and-support fees (see below for the terms of applicability of this statement) and without even needing to physically intervene (except for changes to the mobile client involving a new installation). As a matter of fact: in presence of improvements to the application:
- Those involving the web modules only will become immediately and seamlessy available for all active customers of our applications;
- Those impacting on; mobile clients will be distributed under Traceland coordination according to specific needs and opportunities, avoding unnecessary disturb to existing users.
From a commercial standpoint:
- The strictly technical enhancements or minor functional enhancements will be applied at no charge and upon Traceland decision, with the objective to further improve usability and performances of the application, as well as its maintainability and manageability;
- The meaningful functional enhancements will either be released to all customers at no charge or proposed for purchase, upon Traceland decision.